Even if you are an experienced driver, you may be nervous before hiring an auto in another country for the first time. To help you overcome your fears, we will familiarize you with the peculiarities of car rental in Dubai.
- The UAE has one of the best road systems in the world. The condition of the roads is perfect—they are wide and safe. But you must be careful with road signs so that you won’t have any fines (for exceeding the speed limit, for example).
- An international driving license is a must-have! Only Clients coming from GCC or the EU countries are allowed to use the driving license of their home country without the International Driving Permit (IDP).
- All rental companies take a deposit together with the rental fee. Di Marca keeps a deposit for 14 days, and if no road offenses occur, the money will be released on your account (if you paid with a card) or returned to you in any convenient way (if you paid in cash).
- Most of the parking spots are paid ones, but parking in the shopping malls is free. When looking for a place to leave your car, pay extra attention to the signs, otherwise, you will get a fine that will be taken from your deposit money.
- It is very important to return the car with the same amount of fuel. If the tank is half-full (or a bit less), you will pay 110 Dhs. When the tank is more than half-empty, you will be charged 220 Dhs.
If you need some more information, contact our manager. She will gladly consult you on any rental-related issues. You can also find detailed information in the corresponding section of our website.